2 Apps for Learning Mandarin (Chinese)

As I mentioned in the previous entry, I'm still learning Mandarin and trying to improve my Mandarin. Therefore, I would like to share with you 2 apps that can be used for learning Mandarin which are Pleco Chinese Dictionary and Chinese Fun Easy Learn. Why I chose only these two apps? This is because currently I'm using these two apps so I will explain about them based on my experience. These two apps can be downloaded from Google Play Store.

Pleco Chinese Dictionary
This dictionary is really helpful because there are many ways to search for the words. If you do not know how to type the word in pinyin, you can just choose from list of characters, draw the characters, use audio or take pictures. However, you need OCR (Optical Character Recognizer) in order to take the pictures. Since I'm using the free version, the features are limited but for me it is already good enough because I can still enhance my vocabulary. Every time I watch Chinese dramas or listen to Chinese songs, I just search in this dictionary if there is certain word that I do not understand.  Other than giving the definition of the word, this app also shows how to write the word, characters and words that are related with the word as well as sentences that can be built using the word.





Chinese Fun Easy Learn
For those who want to learn Mandarin in more fun approach, I think this app is suitable to you. There are many choices of topics and you can choose the way you want to learn each topic. For instance, you can choose to listen and write the words, vocabulary, match the words and so on. You can even see the statistics of your performance which is very useful to monitor your performance. Other good thing about this app is that it encourage you to learn one word per day. There will be suggestion of new word in your phone notification. However, it contains advertisements if you are using the free version. If you want to eliminate the advertisements and you can afford to do so, you can go for paid version.




These two apps only some of the apps available in Google Play Store. You can just go to Google Play Store and install which apps that you like. Don't make these apps as the only source for you to improve your Mandarin, try to explore other sources also.

Today quote: Practice makes perfect.



Comments