EXPERIENCE: How I get involved in debate?

Hi guys.
I just finished my final paper last few days so now I can focus on my blog. Today, I want to talk about my experience joining debate during secondary school. I think I never talk anything about my involvement in debate previously although I already plan to talk about it. It is just that I am waiting for suitable time.

Actually, my involvement in debate was unplanned. I was a quiet student at school (and still quiet until now) and it was unexpected that I joined debate because the main thing about debate is that we have to speak.

During form 3, I have been chosen by my teacher to join the debate team but since I was busy preparing for Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR), I did not join any competition at that time. I was so surprised that I was chosen as one of the team member because I did not really talk in class. This is what we called as rezeki. 

When I entered form 4, I officially became the member of the debate team and attended the practices. I was chosen by my English teacher and I did not volunteer to attend any interview to join the team. Since I never join any debate competition before, so I just gave it a try and see how it works.

At that time, I was not sure whether I could survive or not. However, I am glad that I had a best teammate ever and very supportive teacher. I started to like debate and put all my efforts so that my school can win the competition and repeat the success of our seniors. However, I still did not confident enough with myself until we won the debate competition for district level.

During the competition, something unexpected had happened. I was chosen as the best debater although I was still new in debating. Starting from that moment, I decided to continue my involvement in debate and always tried to improve my debating skills. I realized that there must be a reason why God give me the opportunity to join debate. It really change my life. I will write another entry to share about it.

Something that I learnt from my sudden involvement in debate is that do not afraid to try something new in your life. This is because we might not see our hidden talent but people around us might see it. It is better to try first and see how it suits you.

I think I will stop here. I will share more experiences in other entries. Have a nice day😊.

Comments

  1. Wow, sangat kagum dengan orang yang join debate ni. I could never been a debater sebab selalu gelabah kalau kena cakap depan orang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheq tak pernah join debat, cuma pernah join choral speaking and essay-writing competition. Seronok juga la hihi 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, saya tak pernah lagi join choral speaking.

      Delete
  3. Pengalaman yang ohsem.. Kak Sha masa sekolah dulu terlibat dengan nasyid dan choral speaking..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment