EXPERIENCE: Starting journey of becoming a peer tutor

Hi guys.
I'm back with another story for Experience Series. Previously, I have shared about my experience in debate. So, today I want to share about my starting journey of becoming a peer tutor.

Actually, my involvement as a tutor is also unplanned and unexpected. It was started during my secondary school. I am not sure whether you are aware about my favourite subject or not. I really love mathematics until I do math exercises during the holiday even after my SPM. I just cannot live without numbers. My brain will totally become 'saturated' if only words go in😂.

I can do calculation everyday but I cannot read for long time of period without numbers in between. At least, I need to play Sudoku. I have tried after SPM. I read novels almost everyday since nothing to be studied after the examination until one point that I think that I cannot read anymore. So, I searched for my additional mathematics exercise book and started to answer the questions. I wished to answer modern mathematics questions but the problem is I always completed the exercises before examination. You can see the differences if you compare with my English or Bahasa Melayu books.

It started when my friends asked me to teach them modern math and add math during SPM because they knew that I really love math. I did not have any problem to teach math. For add math, I did not confident to teach them because my marks also not really good.

However, I challenged myself to teach my friends because I believe that if we ease the journey of others' life, God will ease the journey of our life. I did not become tutor to show that I am intelligent or I am better than them. I will write another entry to share the reasons I become tutor.

I do teach other subject like English but not so much compare to math subject. I started in 2015 and I am still a tutor until now. The most unexpected thing is that I am a tutor for add math subject in my university. I am now teaching the subject that I almost fail during my school time. So, moral of the story is with effort you can improve your weaknesses and even help people to achieve the same thing. 

I admitted that I did choose teacher and lecturer as my ambition during school time when the teachers asked about it but I think that is because of my family who are mostly in education field. When I am in science stream, I already removed them from the list. However, I enjoy becoming a tutor now. My lecturer said I have a talent to become an educator. So, will I be in education field one day like my other family members? I also do not have the answer.

I will end my story here. See you in the next entry. Thanks for reading😊.

Comments

  1. how i wish we could exchange our brains hahaha.. or at least let me borrow ur brain time nak jawab exam =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂I also wish I could exchange brain with someone expert in IT for my programming subject exam.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Samalah. Tapi disebabkan minat mendalam terhadap mathematics, rajinlah buat latihan untuk improve😅.

      Delete
  3. Yea suka maths jugak. Hehe. Bagus jd tutor, di samping boleh bantu rakan2 dan berkongsi ilmu yang kita ada. Amalan mulia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yea minat math juga rupanya. Membantu rakan & berkongsi ilmulah antara kebaikan jadi tutor. Lagipun kalau dipraktikkan selalu, tak adalah lupa apa yang kita belajar.

      Delete
  4. It's always good to study with friends who are serious about their studies. Subjek mana yang kita cekap, kita boleh ajarkan kepada mereka. Subjek mana yang mereka cekap, mereka boleh ajarkan kepada kita. Win win situation 👏🏻😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bila ada orang yang serious nak belajar di sekeliling kita, kita pun jadi lebih bersemangat. Saling membantu antara satu sama lain.

      Delete

Post a Comment