EXPERIENCE: First time using Linux

Hi guys.
I come back with a new entry today. Actually I am in examination week now but I still want to update my blog and the topic today is related with my next paper. Some of you may know that my course required me to learn IT. One of the thing that I have to learn is Linux, a type of operating systems. You can read my other entry to know more about it (click here to read).

The first time I learn Linux is during my second year of degree for Operating Systems subject. I have to install and perform some tasks by using Linux. I never expect that I will use other operating systems besides Windows. After the discussion with my group members, we decided to choose Puppy Linux and Parrot. However, since we had problem to download the Parrot, we changed to antiX. Probably I will write about the two OSs in other entry.

The download process also quite challenging for me. This is because of the Wifi. When I saw the estimated time, I already felt stress. You imagine what I feel when I got dateline to follow and the estimated time to finish downloading is two days. The installation process was not really hard since I referred to Google and also YouTube. I just chose the default values and clicked Next😂.

The problem started when I needed to perform some configuration and having problem with the mouse. Luckily the Linux that I used have graphical user interface(GUI). If not, I will spend my time with the 'black screen' and typing the commands. However, I still have to know the commands to complete my assignment. There were many things that make me feel stress and annoyed when I used the Linux. I will share few outputs that can make you feel want to throw your laptop in other entry.

When using the Linux, I really feel want to throw my laptop and cry. By analyzing this situation, you will know how hard it is. Apart from that, different Linux might have different commands in order to perform the same tasks. It happened to me. Sometimes there was no progress although my group has spent a few hours doing the same thing.

Although my first experience of using Linux is not good, but I glad that I still try my best to find new knowledge about it and now I can apply the knowledge for my examination next week. I hope that everything is gonna be okay. That's all for this entry. See you next time.

Comments

  1. I haven't tried it. Thank you, I got a clue now if I need to do something with Linux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pernah dengar dna terbaca pasal Linux tapi bukan bidang kak sha.. hehehe.. pening..
    good luck Jannah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih, Kak Sha. Saya pun masih belajar Linux lagi.

      Delete
  3. Tak pernah guna n rasanya mcm rumit je benda ni 😅

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment