EXPERIENCE: Choosing Course To Study In University

Hi guys.
I would like to share another experience about my university life with you. As I mentioned in the previous entries, I am a second year bioinformatics student. If this is the first time you hear about bioinformatics, do read my other entry to know more about it (click here to read).

I am not sure whether you still remember my entry (click here to read) about the factors to be considered when choosing course to study in university. There are three factors that I have mentioned which are interest, opportunity and capability. So, do you think which factor plays a major role in choosing course for my study?

Some of you might guess that I am studying the course that I like. Sorry, your answer is wrong. My original plan was to study pharmacy, not bioinformatics. When I was in form 5, my ambition was to become a pharmacist. I am not the one that like IT but I study in a field that combines biology and IT.

The second factor to be considered is opportunity. I think this is the most important factor that helps me to make decision when choosing the course. For your information, I did apply for pharmacy and life sciences courses after SPM. I also applied for scholarship which is for life sciences course. I chose to study at the university where I am studying now because at that time, I think that it is the best opportunity that I have. I do not know whether I will get offer for pharmacy course or not. Therefore, I just grab the opportunity.

In term of capability, I doubted myself when I found out that I need to learn IT. I know that I am not good in IT. However, I do not give up. I put more efforts and try my best to improve my IT skills and knowledge. I am not a 'gifted' student but I am a student that work hard to succeed. I feel that I can survive in bioinformatics course because I am the one that go with flow. If God put me in this path, then I will go through it. I will not waste my time to question why I was chosen to be in that path. I realised that God do not give me what I want but He give me what I need.

Although the course that I am studying now is not my first choice, but I am proud with myself that I can survive until now. I cannot believe that I am going to be a third year student (final year student) next trimester. One year more for my graduation.

What I am trying to tell you is that no matter what is the reason you chose the course that you are studying now, just go with the flow and try to love the course. Remember that you will gain something if you put efforts on something.

If you are facing the same situation like me, I hope that my story can inspire and motivate you. May God ease the journey of our study.

Today's Quote: I do not study what I love but I try to love what I study. 

See you in the next entry.


Comments

  1. So true. I’m also kind of ‘just go with the flow’ person. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we just need to go with the flow rather than keep thinking but no action.

      Delete

Post a Comment