Trying food at Myeongdong Topokki, Kuantan City Mall

Hi everyone. Welcome back to another food review on The Wonderful Jannah. In today’s entry, I would like to share with you about food that I had tried at Myeongdong Topokki, Kuantan City Mall.

It was my first time trying food at Myeongdong Topokki although I had tried many food by other restaurants that serve Korean food. My first impression was the restaurant is very small. I expected a more spacious dining area. Luckily I did not go during peak hour, so I can really enjoy my food without unnecessary disturbances.

As usual, I would order bibimbap every time I go to Korean restaurant. Bibimbap is like a meal that will determine whether I would come back to the restaurant or not😂. I did some research before that and decided to order other food as well.

Before we have a look on other food, let’s see the star of the day first (the bibimbap).

Myeongdong Topokki Dolsot Beef Bibimbap

Bibimbap is Korean mixed rice. It is normally served with vegetables, meat (chicken / beef), gochujang sauce and egg. The bibimbap at Myeongdong Topokki is slightly difference because it is served in dolsot (Korean stone bowl/stone pot). We need to mix everything before we eat them.

Since I ordered the bibimbap set, it came with banchan (side dishes), soup and drink. There were three side dishes given which are anchovies, kimchi (fermented vegetables) and long bean.

Myeongdong Topokki Banchan


How about the taste? I love this bibimbap and definitely will reorder during my next visit. However, the anchovies were quite salty and the soup a bit tasteless. I’m not sure if the soup is supposed to taste like that to balance the whole meal😂. The price is RM 23.63.

Let’s move on to the next meal.

Myeongdong Topokki Beef Doenjang Jjigae

Doenjang jjigae is Korean soybean paste stew. There are meat (beef / chicken), vegetable and tofu in the stew. The set includes rice, banchan and drink. The taste was new to me and it was not a taste that I’m not familiar with. I don’t know how to describe it. 

The first time I tried it, I felt like it was weird but in an acceptable way. I think it was same feeling when I tried miso soup for the first time. Don’t be surprise. I was able to finish the stew which means the taste suit me. One set of doenjang jjigae cost me RM 21.51.

Now, it’s time for the other two meals.

Myeongdong Topokki Cheesy Bulgogi Fries & Hangul Chicken

Maybe some of you are wondering how can I finish all of these food😂. Actually, I shared all the food with my brother. I would not order so many food if I went there alone. Okay, let’s come back to our review.

The price of hangul chicken is RM 11.91 while the price of cheesy bulgogi chicken is RM 12.65. For the cheesy bulgogi beef, the portion was quite a lot. It is really suitable for those who love cheese and fries. 

Hangul chicken was also good as it was served hot and the texture is just nice but one portion is not enough if you want to eat a lot.

Hope you guys enjoy reading my sharing here. Do suggest what else should I try at Myeongdong Topokki.

Comments

  1. pernah try sekali, tak leh sgt..more ke dubuyo je...
    eh eh..sekali lagi komen dubuyo, MA lama x makan ni rasanya.. he he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. Ada sesetengah menu yang saya prefer dubuyo dan ada sesetengah menu myeongdong topokki lagi best.

      Delete
  2. ammi belum pernah cuba makan di korean restoran.. selain seoul garden hahah.. tp nak juga mencuba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tak perna cuba.. Bibimbap nampak best bila dihidang dalam bekas tu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang nampak lagi menarik bila dihidang dalam bekas tu.

      Delete
  4. bestnya.. xde kawan la nak ajak makan korean food

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment